I had decided to stay away from infographics for a while…but I came across one I really like and just had to post it. Schools.com created an infographic for a post titled Social media: The new news source showcasing how valuable social media is to breaking news. They even go as far as to point out 8 stories that broke on social media, including:
- Egyptian uprising
- Hudson River plane crash
- Protestors killed in Bahrain
- Hilary Clinton not serving a second term in the Obama cabinet
- Whitney Houston’s death
- Royal Wedding announcement
- Newt Gingrich running for President
- The Osama Bin Laden raid/death
Also important to note is this statistic: 49.1% of people have heard breaking news via social media that turned out to be false. We’ve certainly come a long way, but we still have a ways to go.
Check out the infographic below, and the original post here.
Courtesy of: Schools.com